Thursday, April 28, 2011

Greenies Bad For Dogs 2010

"Do not panic, Crucita!"

What shall I say? What the discussion on abuses in the Liturgy of hours on facebook was fatal. Priests and lay people dogs and cats seemed, gave a deplorable spectacle.

Sure, but that's not why I came.

came because, as this story is not over and I need to give me pause to think clearly, the better they share a tiny but delightful event that would remain in memory until my last day.

Two days ago as six in the evening was (as usual) on your computer. Walking in the darkness of the room I felt my father with his cane, his cortitos and slow baby steps toward me. I allowed as close as possible for as being more stone deaf is what it is. Lacking

as a step to be less than a meter from where he started talking and that was when I heard behind me say,

- "Do not panic, Crucita. Is that I'm going to bring me to kiss him because I think I do not give since I was a little girl. "

I'm not going to lie, at that time it seemed natural and cute Zampara me a kiss on the cheek, but nothing more, continued talking after a while away and I followed in mine.

course, as I am slow to process certain things was not until the next morning I remembered what had happened to the famous kiss was when I memory to remember when was the last time my father before that day she had kissed me. not remember! So it was true, since he was perhaps even arms, kissed my dad does.

is gratifying to realize that as we approach the end of our days are removed so many things, is a comfort because it means that reality offering continuous challenges to find ourselves with our brothers, with the One in whom everything has its origin and its end.

I do not know how it was the emotional life of my father's childhood, it seems that was not very intense, yet was always a loving father to the extent of its capacity. We may not offer physical contact but it never mattered to us because we were taking him with the same freedom with which it took me two days ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment